FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Upgrade Award on EVA
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 19, 8:48 pm
gengar

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by XFer2 View Post
Our family of 3 are traveling to Taiwan on 2 separate reservations because my son and I will go to Taiwan first, with my husband joining us a week later. We will then return to the states together. With 2 different reservations on EVA, can we:

1) Upgrade my son and my tickets/seats to business, using my husband's United miles? (i.e. does he need to be on the reservation?) I do have enough miles myself, but prefer to use my husband's miles first.
2) Request an upgrade for the return flight only? We have not departed for our trip and only care to upgrade for the return segment. It gives me an error whenever I try to search for upgrade availability for the return flight.
1) The miles can come from any account.
2) SAUA is technically only for one segment, so by default upgrading each segment is how it works.

Keep in mind only Y/B/K is eligible on BR and there must be upgrade availability (consensus is Z bucket and availability is not listed online - must call into BR to check).