FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL Flights Completely Gone from Award Searches (resolved)
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:52 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by lovefly88
I called and got a clueless agent. She said that they’re still partners and there just must be no availability. After we went round and round it’s not just one flight but none at all she said ah but confirmed she had not heard of anything .
Unfortunately this is exactly why HUACA exists

I've had many similar experiences both with AS/SQ/AC agents. I will say however, AS/AA have had some of the most pleasant agents to speak to over the phone.

Originally Posted by fantasy traveller
I'm dealing with the same problem. I found many JAL flights on AS website yesterday and this morning could not find any of those flights anymore. Even flights that had months of availability, poof, are all gone. I suspect it is a system issue. I called AS to see what was going on; the rep was surprised she could not find any availability too but confirmed all the systems are working; she advised me to wait and try later.
A savvy CSA. Acknowledge the customer's problem, agree with them, then tell them there's really nothing wrong but to just wait and try again.

At some point someone is gonna have to speak to a supervisor who will be able to acknowledge the problem then hopefully get the right people working on a solution. Aeroplan had issues with Avianca for like 2 years. They also had lengthy issues with Copa, Swiss and Air China for varying reasons, though I will say the Air China one was altruistic in a way. CA was like, voiding award tickets or something, so people were getting stuck in China. AP saves the customers the headache by just blocking the awards, but they also save themselves money buying people cash tickets. Win win.