FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Increasing Carry On Bag Enforcement, Audits (Oct 2019)
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:28 pm
anthem

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat
the question is whether this will be enforced for all cabins of service or just a select few. . . about 4 months ago while going through JFK, I had my carry on - which is the older 22x14" depth size - they have now gone to the 22x12" size but the majority of bags in the US do not comply. .

Anyhow, the reason I bring this up is that i was late boarding since it was a transfer and the militant lady measured my bag and said It would not be allowed through. I used the "I just flew this yesterday and you were fine with it " argument. . . She says - doesnt matter. Then the other lady whispered that me and my fiance were first class (we had been 500 mile upgraded), so she just muttered something and let us through. .

So the issue is whether this will be strictly enforced regardless of ticket class, or be enforced only for those boarding groups past Concierge Key, ExPlat, and priority boarrding groups ? Because I get the sneaky feeling that they want to enforce this for just the 5-9 groups. ..