FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary advice
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:09 am
jw1313

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
Your ordering is odd to me. Hanoi -> Can Tho -> back to Hanoi. It looks like Van Don has a new flight to Da Nang starting next month, so I'd go...
Hanoi, Lan Ha, fly to Danang for Hoi An, fly to Can Tho, bus to HCMC to fly to Siem Reap, then bus/fly to PP.

Your itinerary is very rushed (but it is possible as long as nothing goes wrong). I think you should skip Can Tho or Hoi An. Can Tho, to me, makes the most sense to skip mostly just due to the transportation factors.
Oops that was a typo. Can Tho would be after the cruise.
I will correct it. Thanks for the heads up about that flight!

We weren't very excited about going to HCMC, but felt Can Tho was a compromise. HCMC just didn't seem to have things we wanted to do, except for the food!

Originally Posted by rjh
I'd skip Can Tho also. And less time in Hoi An and more in Siem Reap (get a 3 day ticket in SR). Hoi An is getting pretty Disney-fied.

I've no experience with the Siem Reap hotels, but they're far from anything. Maybe that's ok. (I'm not saying that SR's Pub Street is desirable, but SR itself is ok.)

You might like the Plantation hotel in PP. Anatara/Hoi An location is not that central. Maybe Vinh Hung Heritage Hotel.
Will consider this. Our friends have said they love Hoi An, and I've heard Siem Reap is just so crowded now.