FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:37 am
dfw88

Originally Posted by jlemon
57. At this time in 1985, this airline was operating flights with DC-9-30 equipment from seven different cities nonstop to LAX. Identify the air carrier and all seven cities. It was Pacific Southwest Airlines (PSA) with service from LAS, OAK, SAN, SFO, SJC, RNO and ___.And the last airport wasn't FAT, PHX or TUS. Hint: The airport in question was one of PSA's smaller stations.
Hi all,
I'm a longtime (okay, 6 months) follower of this discussion because it's absolutely fascinating to follow as a airline geek. I'm much too young to remember much of any of this (I vaguely remember flying on a DL L-1011 one time as a child... I think) and most of the questions posted relate to a time period before I was even born. I follow anyway because the wealth of knowledge on here is wonderful and it provides a fun format to learn more about commercial aviation history.

Every once in a while there's a question that can be solved by simple googling, but since I assume that's against the spirit of the thread I've never bothered putting forth any of the answers I've found. However, since this one has sat around for so long and since I'm dying to finally post something here I resorted to Wikipedia (since the airline is already known this was actually possible in this case) to submit my guess. So, hoping not to offend by my use of resources outside my own memory, I put forth my guess of SCK as the final piece of this puzzle.