FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:03 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
So I guess my question is for those who have visited both resorts, would you split your stay and make the move to the WA - or stick at the Conrad for 8 nights?
I have not been to Conrad Maldives so it might disqualify me from answering your question. But if I may volunteer an answer anyway, I have been to WA Maldives, St.Regis Maldives, St.Regis Bora Bora, and Conrad Bora Bora so I have some useful reference points plus the fact that I am aware Conrad Maldives is getting up there in age based on trip reports I have read and pictures I have seen. So In light of what I know, is WA Maldives worth $300 more per night than Conrad? Heck yes I would pay that difference.

I don't think I would be bored of being 8 days at the same resort, but WA is several levels superior to Conrad based on my imperfect knowledge. I would be quite shocked if you make the move to WA and end up regretting it once you see both resorts. The only downside I see if that you waste a decent chunk of a day instead of just relaxing. Money is not the downside here, time is the downside.