FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR to LAX Econ out, business return - advice for a newbie
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:21 am
Sam Bee

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by VictorSierra
If you’re saving points (or cash) for a once in a lifetime slice of business, I’m not so sure I would do it on the return leg; it seems like a very expensive bed...
I would absolutely second this. You'll be paying £xxxx more for a couple of extra hours sleep. Flat beds are absolutely brilliant if you are a business traveller, going into a meeting etc. But if it's your first time, you'll miss most of the benefits snoozing.

Personally, i'd use the upgrade on a day flight - either on the way out, or coming back via BOS/NYC to use the day flight options (don't think there are others?).

My first (and only) SQ Suites experience, despite the (at the time) bling factor of a double bed, I was keen to use the day flight so I could have 13 hours of lunch, dinner, Krug, Dom, blue mountain coffee, cheese dishes, being absolutely spoiled solidly, and would never have swapped for a night flight and a sleep... you can sleep every day if you want, do something different!

Although I appreciate for many on this board, Business is about the flat bed & maximising sleep!