FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:30 pm
Adversity

Programs: Bonvoy Life Titanium, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
1 is for October the other for November. Both are Corner Suite/King. I have extra TSU’s to use up.
Just spent a Saturday night here as a first time visitor. Requested a quiet room up high, with a view of the International Terminal and the runways and was assigned room 802, which is at the end off the hallway closest to the airport. Might have gotten this as a Globalist though. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly and cordial. Room 802 has a parlor room, containing a small table as a desk, a couch and a wet bar with a large TV attached to the wall. The bedroom is larger in size with an extremely comfortable king bed, another small couch, another giant TV and floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom had a soaking tub next to the window; a long double sink counter; a large walk-in shower and one of those fancy newfangled toilets that senses your approach and automatically raises the lid. The toilet seat is heated and there's a control panel on the wall that includes the flushing function. I didn't dare try any of the other functions.

The Grand Club is in an awkward location in that the entrance to the lunge is on the far side of the Quail & Crane Restaurant. Stopped by to check out the evening snacks and was impressed by the variety but it was all pretty standard for a Grand Hyatt. If hotel food is not your thing, you can catch the AirTran back to the International Terminal where there are landside eateries on the 'A' side and the 'G' side. Breakfast was not available in the Club on Sunday but I was comped the breakfast buffet at the Quail & Crane. The buffet contains the standard selections (scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausages, oatmeal, pastries sliced fruit, cereal, and some dim sum dishes). I was also informed that the Grand Club will start serving breakfast on October 21. The Twin Crafts Market and Twin Crafts bar are both operational although neither were busy during my stay. I did not venture into the Fitness room.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay. The room was very quiet, as the windows are double pane, and there were plenty of power plugs around. The only minor (very minor) issue was that there are no ice machines on the floors so I had to huff it down to the bar to get some.