FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Catering changes - October 2019 onwards
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:52 am
Moscowflyer

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Any reports on the actual new catering that has been rolled out?

Is it still only on limited Do&Co routes? I am flying in F in early November BOS-HKG, which is not a Do&Co outpost. Connecting to HKG-PEK also in CX F (77W).
I had it on the HKG-LHR 253 yesterday. I think it's an improvement. I wasn't sure when I saw the actual menu (which is now a booklet rather than the paper attached to the board) but I thought the actual food - I just had the soup followed by the beef and then cheese - was slightly better quality than the previous iteration. There is a lot of seatside service, pouring the soup, placing the main and the vegetables separately, the salt and pepper (while still missing from business class unless you ask for it) is in small containers on the table - still no return of the old balik salmon with the caviar!. The burger is still the standby for snacks and I don't think there's anything in F like the snack box that sits in the business class cabin at door 2. The new pillow is I think an improvement, you get a blanket as well as a duvet if you want it so that ties in with the new food. The second meal was the fruit plate (when was it ever not the fruit plate!) followed by, for me anyway, spare ribs, which were good and actually tasted of something unlike the fish dishes.
The cabin crew did say that it was slowly being rolled out and that this was the first time they had delivered the new service, which I also thought was fine but there were only 4 of us in F with two cabin crew members there.