FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Claiming EU flight compensation (EU Regulation 261/2004) - issue with Swiss
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:24 pm
athome

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by krys_k
Perhaps someone can offer some advise - My wife took a flight (LX1348 on 07th August 2014) and she's been to-ing and fro-ing with Swiss, on and off, since then. Their latest response in denying the compensation is:

An aircraft is a complex, mechanical and electronic system, whose flawless performance is of utmost priority for SWISS. Nevertheless, unforeseeable and unavoidable defects sometimes occur. As this is considered and extraordinary circumstance, I regret to inform you that you are not eligible for compensation.

My wife has been tried to find out what the "extraordinary circumstance" is, but they are not telling her. Seems that they have decided on her behalf, without giving any details, that there is no compensation to pay, without providing evidence.

Am wondering, if there is any way to find out what the "extraordinary circumstance" was, and whether compensation as a result, is not due.

Many thanks in advance.
I am doubting any agency will take your case or any court will judge in your favor. The reason is not, wether your claim is founded or not. The reason is that you start first legal actions 5 years and 3 months after the incident. The limitation period of such claims is well below 5 years.

Last edited by athome; Oct 21, 2019 at 4:08 am