FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at DEN (DIA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:22 am
Thomasgrant57

I had an interesting experience renting at this location. I had a full-size SUV (Yukon or similar) reserved for Friday at 6 PM. I arrive, the gold board says see desk as it was my first time renting. I go inside & speak with a representative that was not very friendly. As I’m waiting for him to acknowledge me the lady next to me that is being helped is being treated very rudely, the lady helping her was being very demeaning. The person helping me tells me they have a Tahoe for me, which would be fine as it was what I had reserved.

I asked what upgrades they had available as they had multiple Range Rover Sports, Escalades, Porsche Macans, etc that seemed to be available. I was told no there was nothing but he could put me in an Infiniti QX80 for an additional $100 a day..keep in mind I reserved a full size SUV already, so the rate difference seemed very high to me. I didn’t even try to negotiate as he was not friendly & did not seem willing to help/interested in upgrading me.

We leave..the next day I try to call to see if they have any Range Rovers available & it was impossible to reach a local representative, so I decided to just drive there & check in person. They told me they could upgrade me to a Range Rover Sport, Escalade, or Porsche Macan. I said I’d go with the Range Rover, he was going to charge an additional $70 per day..that was fine. He asked for 4 forms of identification..I didn’t have my main wallet, so all I had were two credit cards & my drivers license. He went back & forth asked for insurance card. So I pulled it up on my phone, but he said I could have faked that. Even though I logged in to my insurance app in front of him. He goes well I should be okay with that..he has another employee go & get keys to Range Rover. We are almost done, the lady came back with the keys & he goes you know what, no I’m not going to let you upgrade to this class without 4 forms of identification. But then tells me he will put me in the Escalade for an additional $45 a day. I finally said fine, whatever.

I understand their policy on the upper class of cars, but he really just seemed to be jerking me around saying he could allow it & then changing his mind. Just not sure how I feel about the entire experience.