FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can Air India ever win popularity contest?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:58 pm
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Gynob001
Air India seem to attract bad publicity-crew fights, roaches in cabin, bad service, poor boarding sequence etc. In every category it seems to be at the bottom of the list. However, I have flown AI, at least 15 RT in the past 5 years. Nothing to complain about. Actually I liked the food! I even got a free upgrade for no obvious reason.
On the other hand, Jet Airways crew seem to have a chip on their shoulders (until recently!) and acted as if passengers were illiterate morons.
May be Indians should go easy on Air India instead of expecting heaven and earth. AI's fare is one of the cheapest and competitive within India.
i take over 60 flights with them every year....both international & domestic....i took a similar number of flights with jet airways as well every year....never have i seen jet staff treat passengers like morons....

at the end of the day air india gets the job done....it takes you from point a to b on one of the cheapest fares....no one really expects heaven & earth with ai....they just expect to get to their destination on time....something which ai is not particularly good at as their on time performance is one of the worst....

most of the bad rep ai gets is deserved....they have a badly run airline & refuse to change....but like i said before, they get the job done....