FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting Bonvoyed on fifth night free awards?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:45 am
Mr. Vker

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by kalo93406
I recently thought I booked a one night point stay at 12500 points. A few days after check out I noticed my 35k cert was gone. Must have been something like you are pointing out here. Calling today, hope I can get it restored. I can't remember how the cert or points come up when reserving, but to have it default to the 35k cert when one is searching for points stays is a sham. Very annoyed.

Edit: I just called and they said the 12500 point reservation was canceled. Not sure exactly what happened. I sure would remember canceling it and impossible that I would have changed it to the 35k cert. Nothing makes sense. They opened a case to try and have the 35k cert restored and 12,500 points used. Hope for the best.
When you make an award reservation that can be covered by a cert in your account-that is the default-but the system shows you before confirmation and you can opt for points instead by clicking a radio button.