FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SW CC Spend Timing / Statement Closing Date
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:31 am
Critterlynn

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by kyamnitz
Hi All,
I just got approved for the 80k SW Biz card (5k spend in 3 months) and will apply for the Plus in a couple of weeks (hoping the in-flight 50k offer is still available when I fly on 11/1).

Anyway, I emailed Chase and found out my statement closing date is the 3rd of every month. If we disregard the risks of fraud, spending too much before the 3rd, etc., here's my question:
If I spend about $4k on 12/5, after previously putting $1k on the card, I should get the 80k + 4k (spend) points all posting in early 2019? Approximately what date would they post?

Chase wouldn't change my closing date unless I asked them to, right? Thanks all,
--Kyle
Assuming the CSR has given your accurate information and you closing date is indeed the 3rd of every month, you would receive the points shortly after your January statement closes.

To my knowledge Chase can't change your closing date unless you request it. However, there have been reports of extra statements dropping mid-cycle. I don't see how this is possible sense the statement date is directly tied to your payment due date. This is something I would think is unlikely to happen.

Just out of curiosity, what does it say your next payment due date is?