FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Typical BA J Class Service???
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:21 am
tuonopepper

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Andrew82
I have not posted this here until now, as I wanted to give BA the time to respond. After a month of hearing nothing from the feedback form online (QF Rang me 3 days after I also submitted the same feedback to them).

After a month I then emailed Alex Cruz and within days a team from the "Global Executive Team" had contacted me. We spoke and honestly it felt like a total waste of time and a bluff, being told that "we have spoken with the relevant team members manager, and we apologise for how we made you feel".

Have a read of the email and give me your thoughts, is this typical of an old school CSD's behaviour when having a bad day?

I have vowed to not step foot onboard a BA bird again, but maybe I am wrong.

"Dear Mr Cruz,

I felt that the issues I experienced aboard BA015 service on 1st August 2019 SIN SYD.

It was a last-minute transfer booking in Business class, as I was initially scheduled to fly Qantas to BNE but due to flight delays, the Platinum service team moved me over to your flight to try and mitigate the delay.

I realise that communication breakdowns do happen and certainly understand that with last-minute bookings, not everything will be smooth sailing.

However, from the moment I reached your check-in counters at Singapore, things went downhill, and fast.

Getting assistance from any of your staff (check-in, lounge or gate) was next to impossible. I broke my wrist and had reconstructive surgery two weeks ago. The hand is in a splint, and I needed to wear a sling, it is also my primary hand, and whilst I am aware that people are in far worse situation than me, I do feel that your team could have been far more cooperative on the ground and perhaps the inflight experience would not have been so diabolical .

There was no time to uplift any vegetarian meal. This was understandable, and of not much concern given it was an overnight flight, sadly this was to be the least of my worries.

Getting to the gate was chaos, the non-priority line was moving 4 times faster as they were putting large families in front with the Status and J class passengers. I waited in line for 20 minutes, before clearing and being told by the gate staff to wait until again until they start to board group 1.

We were finally allowed to board after nearly 40 minutes from reaching the gate. At this point, I admit I that I was tired, in pain and just generally over the entire situation. We boarded at the door L2, and the CSD greeted me (His name was *name redacted by moderator*). The aerobridge was not positioned correctly, so there was a gap between the door and the bridge. Although I was struggling to pull my bag up the gap, he did not offer to help me and just watched the process.

I gave him my boarding pass and said "thanks for the help" he replied "it seems there's a problem, care to inform me what it is" and I simply replied that there have been more problems than anything else tonight and walked off. At my seat, I was given NO assistance from any crew member to place my bag in the overhead locker.

The fellow in the seat next to me (also a displaced QF flyer) was kind enough to place my bags overhead. The crew handed out bottles of water and just put it in front on the table, didn't even bother to check if I needed help opening it (which I did), again the passenger helped me. Towards the end of boarding, I got changed and had my clothes over the seat, I asked the CSD "may I please have a hanger" his reply was "for what" and I said that I would like to hang my clothes. He just said No, we don't give you the hanger we hang them. I just gave him the clothes.

After take-off, I was trying to open the bed linen, and another crew member started to help me, I also asked him for an extra pillow as I need to elevate my arm when I sleep for comfort. At this point, the CSM came along again and said "what's the problem here" the two crew spoke, and the CSD told him to go back to his duties. At this point, the CSD says to me "you need to check your attitude, I won't tolerate you being rude to my crew". I was quite shocked since I had spoken only to the fellow helping with my bedding up until that point. All other communication was ONLY with the CSD.

At this point, I replied to him and said that perhaps I am unhappy with the way many things were handled on the ground and the lack of support.

I said that while I understand frontline staff do have to deal with problems created by others, I do not think to tell me I have an attitude is a way to "solve" this problem. He then said that the flight is full so I only have the bedding assigned and "I have to go and attend to a REAL problem, there's a medical and we are probably going to have to turn back".

At this point, I just wanted to sleep, so I got my jacket, rolled it up and got into bed, Eye mask on, and earplugs in. Around 5 min later I get a tap on my shoulder, and someone starts talking, I take off the cover and plug, and the CSD said: "The Captain has agreed to give you HIS pillow". I just said "NO, the captain needs his rest," the CSD said, "Its only two crew, so they are not using it"...

Again this whole attitude of his was ridiculous, all he did was go to the crew bunk and get one of the available pillows. Why he needed to make it a point that the CAPTAIN was doing me HUGE favour... It was a pillow... that was all and for the broken slung wrist. Throughout the flight, the crew were noisy with their service, they did not consider those of us trying to sleep.

Finally, on the descent, I had the call light on 3 times, and no one answered. So I went up and asked for my clothes, the stewardess was looking for them, and the CSD comes down from Door 1 and says "what's the problem now, can't you just press you to call button". I replied to him 'this is ........, I have pressed it three times, and all I want is my clothes" he replied that I am not to abuse his staff... Again the entire problem is his antagonistic attitude.

Finally, as we were deciding I was swapping sim cards, my drawer was 1/4 open, and it was quite apparent that I was. just putting in another card. He kneels next to me and says just because you are an Emerald, does not give you any special privileges, you've been told to stow your items for landing, now do it. He then asked me if I would like the police to meet me on arrival.

Well done BA!

Honestly, I will ensure that every person I speak to hears about the abhorrent service your crew managers feel is an appropriate way to deal with passengers, I am aware that we all can have bad days. But on this flight, your CSD was overly antagonistic, and it seemed like he was almost going out of his way to make my flight one to remember.

I should also make it known that it is now over 4 weeks since I first notified you of this issue (right after the flight) and there has been zero communication from any of your customer service team.

Regards."
Hmm, difficult one and always to side to every story of course. I can understand why your unhappy/annoyed, seems a few reletively minor issues along with a clash with the CSD have taken you to that point. I'm sure there's things you and the CSD could have done differently with hindsight.

Did you have assistance booked, that may have removed a number of the issues, got you on boarding, someone to take your luggage and stow it etc....