FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt house (Summerfield) - Scottsdale, AZ - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:49 am
projectmaximus

Good location. Average rooms for an HH. I was completely unaware of the layout: as someone mentioned above it is a sprawling campus with multiple 3-story buildings and no elevators. This was not good as we checked in around 2a with a baby and a stroller...and it was raining. No other rooms available. Had to lug lots of luggage and baby gear, in the rain, and up the stairs. Was told to try switching rooms in the morning, so I asked the next morning and was told there would be nothing available at all besides another 3rd floor. They had 2-bedrooms on the ground floor I could upgrade to if I wanted to pay. Ended up calling Hyatt to inquire if it was at all possible to switch my reservation to the HP across the street. I had booked the HH on points and the HP was the same number of points, however the HP was also showing as sold out lol. I figured it was a Hail Mary, but I was driving 30 minutes so might as well make the phone call...the agent was really kind and seemingly really wanted to help (put me on hold several times to talk to people and check some things)...in the end though she said there was nothing available at all. So I will never know definitively if they would even have outright given me the chance to switch my reservation, but at least they built up good will in the apparent attempt. This was also the stay that prompted me to go for Hyatt status. It was early-Feb and I found myself at 6 nights and I had always had good experiences with Hyatt.

Plus now I have flyertalk so I won't end up in the same poor situation at checkin!