FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24)
Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:47 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sandybestdog
I recently realized that Giant of PA has the same specials and you can use the whole price of gas and get 25 gallons and points are good until the end of the next month. So in this case over 6 weeks. A way way better program. I travel to PA frequently so it's not a problem for me. It was a little confusing at first because your phone number gets confused between the 2 places so I just got a Giant PA card and have no phone number on it and have to scan it.
Yes, Giant PA's program is the best. And if you live in a "border area," it's certainly useful. Obviously, Giant PA isn't so convenient for most people reading this thread.

That said, I've noticed that Giant PA also lets you use your points for food. They seem to have a promo next month where you get a turkey (up to 25 lbs) for 400 points. That's obviously a sweet deal, so I'd recommend buying enough points this week to have 400 "extra" after gas for the turkey. Giant PA also lets you cash in points for food: every 100 gets you a buck off your bill. This isn't fantastic, but it's not bad at 3x points ($5.98 fee gets you $15 in food). So it's now better to overestimate your fuel needs than underestimate, with the idea being you can cash out the remainder for food. Does Giant MD or Stop&Shop now allow the same?