FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied flight refund
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:12 pm
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lilcoop3k
Outbound Flight cancelled in recent strike (unfortunately the ticket was booked through lastminute.com)
obviously there was 14 days notice and it meant that I then decided not to take my holiday as it just completely messed up timings. Lastminute.com are refusing to refund the whole ticket and are only willing to refund outbound portion and are saying they are awaiting BA to refund them which is still outstanding.

i am unable to find any information about whether outbound and return has to be refunded. Any help would be appreciated
You can definitely ask for the whole journey to be refunded ( Reg 261/2004 speaks of reimbursement for the "part or parts of the journey not made").

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is pretty sharp practice if this is the case. What may have happened is that lastminute.com has internally bolted two single trips together.
That seems rather unlikely but the OP should be able to check this by looking at BA and see whether both legs were made under the same reservation or separate reservations.

IME, as a rule with OTAs, don't attribute to deliberate trickery what can be explained by insufficient competence.