FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terrible Experience in Business Class with Eva Air
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:50 pm
Aisleseater

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Accor Silver, Ex-Malev Platinum (RIP)
Yes - I do think it's the worst service from any airline I've experience. I've experienced broken seats before, and there has been decent compensation (about 40% of the airfare) and the airline has been apologetic and has treated me well in a manner that suggests it would like to retain my business.

I did describe the on ground experience - see points 1, 3, 4 and 5. Both in London, in Bangkok and then my final destination. Eva Air demonstrated that they didn't care and were curt to the point of rudeness. They simply repeated the line "USD 200 is all we offer."

When I pay for a business class ticket, I expect a fully functional seat. I do not pay for a broken seat and having to call the flight attendants to fix it (and generally like flight attendants there is a delay because they're busy doing something else). If I want to fly with a minimum of comfort and significantly more hassle I'll buy an economy seat.

In the rare event that a fully functional seat is not provided, I expect to be fairly compensated and the airline to treat me well and with a sympathetic attitude as befits someone who is contributing to their profits by purchasing a business class seat. Eva Air did not do this.

So they saved some short term compensation for a paying business class customer. But they have lost my business (probably 10s of thousands of US dollars over the medium term).

I will not fly Eva Air again. And I will encourage others not to fly Eva Air either.