FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What benefits should GS get in new system?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:28 pm
J.Edward

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Is the speculation that 1Ks will also get the Benz in that situation and make it unavailable to the GS?
I like that UA provisioned the resource to allow an empowered employee to keep track of GSs, follow up when appropriate, and execute (reasonable) operational maneuvers to help in a pinch. It's hard for me to speculate on what it takes to make this work, but if resources can be added to support both GSs and 1Ks I don't see anything wrong with that. Suspect something similar already happens (e.g. 1Ks getting the merc at times) but only after the GSs have been taken care of.

Another guess is UA is aiming to do this with their skip-the-waitlist feature (I think they were already doing this for GS as my WL’d flights with wide open Polaris cabins tended to miraculously clear within 24-hours of jumping on the WL) and I presume other aspects as well.

The key here is a focus on OPS to empower employees to hustle when needed to ensure the GS/1K gets to their destination as close to scheduled as possible as that generally what the high $ business travelers prioritize IMHO.

Last edited by J.Edward; Oct 15, 2019 at 9:38 am