FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [prem fare gone]: LX,LH: Italy to East Asia companion fare 1090€ rt biz/€2150 rt
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:28 am
PragueTravellerCZ

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Aston100
Hi thanks for posting this. Looks very interesting to me as I was waiting for a Qatar sale to go to BKK ex eu
Could someone kindly advise which aircraft has the better business class hard & soft product: Lufthansa a340 (e.g. lh772) or Swiss 777 (e.g. LX180) or Austrian 777 (e.g. OS25)?
Also, if I book a Lufthansa or Swiss flight from the UK to Milan separately, do you think I can convince the airline to check-through the luggage all the way to BKK, despite two different tickets?

Thanks again.
The luggage is a lottery, as I have experience with both scenarios - sometimes there are some weird restrictions (especially if you combine tickets from different alliance carriers - in my case LH & UA) on the checkin, which the agent is unable to by pass, even though they said it should be possible..

I always prefer Swiss over Lufthansa.. For me its not just the product in the plane, but also I cannot imagine what would convince me to transfer in FRA / MUC, If I am able to fly through ZRH instead..