FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requesting Upgrade at Four Seasons
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:23 pm
DavidO

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by kthpence
Hi All,

First time staying at a Four Seasons later this month in Punta Mita - I booked via Amex FHR, so hoping that'll include an upgrade of some sort, but it looks like the inventory at the hotel is dwindling and I'm starting to fear that we'll get stuck in our original garden room (I've heard they are quite nice though!). Here's my question - in the past, I've emailed Park Hyatt's and St. Regis' about potentially upgrading (with cash) and sometimes they'll quote me a number that is reasonable and I decide not to chance an upgrade upon check-in.

Is it normal to do the same with FS? Do FHR bookings put in a request for an upgrade immediately, or is it a day of upgrade situation? This is a special occasion for my partner and I so we'd prefer not to chance it & get a nice room with a view.
Just so you know, Four Seasons Preferred Partner (FSPP) bookings are at the top of the upgrade list, ahead of Virtuoso and FHR — so if any upgrades are available for your dates, FSPP will get priority.