FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Positives in the New Premier Qualifying Requirements
Old Oct 11, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA Au Marriott Ti Hilton C
I hit 1 MM on UA the same month I made Lifetime Titanium with Marriott. There’s been plenty of angst on both forums with respect to significant loss of value in the respective programs.

I’m here to say the grass really is greener when you escape the grip of these programs. I flew UA quite a bit domestically earlier this year and I finally gave up after one flight after another that was delayed. Lately I fly AS, DL, WN, etc. (I do my best to avoid AA) and it’s been a superior experience to UA. I don’t really care about domestic upgrades and lounges. I also don’t care what boarding group I’m in as long it’s not the last one. I care a great deal that my flights are on time.

I use UA for one thing now and that’s as a conduit for Chase UR points for *A J/F TATL/ TPAC redemptions. I think it likely that UA is about to nerf those values. At that point I will still fly UA when it’s the best available option, but I certainly won’t go out of my way to do so.

I’m much happier now that I’m done chasing “status” and I suspect many folks here will ultimately feel the same. In any event, best wishes to all as you make your decisions.