FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:47 am
ahopkins767

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Thank you for everyone who has replied to me.

I'm enjoying my new status with TK and I am finding more reasons to travel with them.

Thinking ahead, I am thinking about how to then re-qualify for "Elit" after the initial year.

The TK site says "In case you earn 30.000 Status Miles within 1 year or 45.000 Status Miles within 2 years from the date you qualify for Elite Membership, your Elite membership will continue for 2 more years."

I have been status matched. I have been granted the first year of membership after having taken my first TK flight. My membership is due to expire on on June 3rd 2020. I currently am looking at having achieved just shy of 27,000 status miles by December, and I know I will be making further long haul trips (my itineraries are usually Asia - IST - UK). I could fairly easily meet the 30,000 status miles within the first year.

In this circumstance, I would already have qualified for the second year of membership (the status challenge laid down 15,000 TK miles as the benchmark), but would passing the 30,000 threshold then mean that I re-qualify on regular grounds?

If not, how would I re-qualify?

Also, if I re-qualify in the first year of membership, is my membership period extended by 2 years (so I would finish my first year, enjoy my second and then have another 2 after that), or does membership reset upon achieving the threshold, so I would have 2 years from that date?

I see you can qualify either over 1 year or 2. If you qualify in the first membership year, does that mean your new membership period starts (so you have the first year + 2 more) or would it start at the end of the current membership period so you would have the second membership year + 2 more.

I really appreciate your responses