Old Oct 10, 19, 7:22 pm
lsquare

Programs: *G, ST E+, OZ Diamond, DL GM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Good value/location hotels in Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, and Macau?

I'm finalizing my plans for my upcoming vacation. I know there are plenty of China experts on FT that may be able to help. Sucks that I can't get transit directions via Google Maps, which would make my search much easier. I would prefer a location that's near a subway station. I'm planning to stay in Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, and Macau, but also visit surrounding areas as well. I'm currently in the middle of a Marriott Platinum challenge that expires on January 31st, 2020. I just need another 14 nights, which won't be a problem since I'll be travelling to Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur at the end of the year. I don't necessarily want to stay at a Marriott property if it's going to be expensive. I'm looking for good value and a reasonably located hotel. Ideally, I'm aiming for US$100/night or less and I'm pretty sure this can be done except for Macau. Comments on that point?

I was in Shanghai about a week ago and I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton in Tangqiao, Shanghai. I got a very nice price of about 411/night. However, for the dates that I'm looking at, it's more than double so not really worth it cuz I know there are cheaper and decent alternatives. For Shanghai, I'm now looking at the Fairfield Jingan. Any comment on the location? Jingan as in near Jingan temple? Maybe @moondog can comment on that.

For Beijing, I'm looking at the Aloft in Haidian, which seems close to a subway station. Any other alternatives for a lower price?

Looking for comments on the other cities as well.

Thx guys!