FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time in Concorde Lounge and First daytime flight
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:56 pm
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Despite all my flying on BA I actually had never been in the Concorde Lounge (T5) until today (and I flew Concorde plenty of times to visit the old F lounge in T4 and the Concorde Lounge in JFK).

All I can say is the experience was underwhelming. I was guested in by my other half flying F to SFO. First impressions - that the lounge is quite small, seating not that much different from the F lounge next door, menu pretty bleak. I turned up at 1130 and they still had the breakfast menu - no full English - closest being a bacon sandwich!. Champagne was average and not cold enough for my liking. The lunch menu came out at 12 noon - also unimpressive. I had the club sandwich which was served in a wooden tray sort of thing which reminded me of "food in a basket" from a good few years back from a mainstream pub chain. Two quarters of bread and a load of pretty yucky crisps!

I much prefer the self serve of the F lounge, go and get what you want, cheese, hot food, snacks, cakes etc. Much more convenient.

If I fly F in the future I think I will stay in the F lounge and would only go to the Concorde room if I wanted a little more peace and quiet

Hi,

Did you have lunch in the dining room or in the general sitting area? as the menus are different IIRC. I had lunch 2 weeks ago in the dining room and it was good ( also stayed fro the afternoon tea presentation in the balcony area from 3pm)

Sometimes though I do like grabbing a quick drink or bite ot eat rather than going to the bar or waiting for service.

Regards

TBS