FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:00 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by myperks
Once I had my mom join on a trip and her flight was to arrive 5 hours before me. I used the chat function on the app and informed the hotel of her name and that she will check in before me. The hotel responded with an okay but also sent a “pre-scripted blurb” about how no benefits will be provided until I arrived. I texted back to say please offer her lounge benefits and upgrade as if I was there so we didn’t need to switch rooms, and if I don’t show up (which I will), please charge my credit card for the full lounge and upgrade fee. The hotel responded with an okay and everything went as planned.
that's the way it should be....if the elite member is not staying then no benefits should be offered....if the elite member is checking in after the 2nd name on the reservation then either no benefits should be extended or the benefits should be given & charged for later if the elite member doesn't turn up....