FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What counts as travel? [Sapphire, INK, Consolidated]
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:09 am
entel

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
You can dispute the transactions that are not tagged as travel to get 3x on CSR. I booked a charter sailboat and my Clear annual fee hit on the last statement, both of which were not tagged as travel. I called CS and indicated these were travel and at first the agent said it depended on what the merchant coded their business as. I asked her if that was my only recourse and I would just need to accept, she indicated I could file a case for the marketing department to review the transactions and they would inform me of the result in 7-10 business days.

Fast forward a few days and I see an adjustment on my UR account - when I do the calculation it is 2x the transactions I disputed so it seems they gave me 3x on those transactions.

You should always ask for the points if you feel they are wrong - good to see JPMC is customer focused.

I think I saw in this thread that some indicted Clear annual fees were considered personal fees and no 3x eligible. I was able to get 3x on that annual fee by calling into CS and telling them it was travel related (which is true...)

Last edited by entel; Oct 10, 2019 at 1:15 am