FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the point of Premium Select if you can book Delta One?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:32 pm
robert4travels

Programs: DL Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Question What's the point of Premium Select if you can book Delta One?

Question. I'm looking at JFK-BRU next February and see the direct flight is on a refurbished 767-400 planes with Delta One, Premium Select, Comfort Plus and Main Cabin classes. I wonder though what the point is of booking a Premium Select seat for about $4K round trip when you can be in a Delta One flat bed seat for about $5.2K? I mean, if you are willing to shell out $4K for a ticket, then it wouldn't be so hard any more to pay only an extra $1K for much more comfort? And that would go for business as well as leisure travelers.

Speaking for myself, for international leisure trips I don't want to spend too much money so I would book a main cabin fare, hoping to upgrade to C+ (and the rare op-up to D1). And for work I can book straight D1.

I really fail to see the point of having PS on a plane that also has D1. What am I missing? Delta really thinks otherwise I guess, otherwise they wouldn't have added PS. They know how to make money.

Note that I'm not talking about planes that have PS but no D1. If PS is the highest class there will be people booking that.