FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another opinion piece: Parker on the way out?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:36 pm
jcatman

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
A real head of the ship could steer the airline in a new direction, though. The executives were told to find ways to cut costs by "LCC Parker" and unfortunately the ideas they came up with were Oasis, trying to lowball the mechanics unions, and copying Delta. Some CEOs know the difference between fiduciary responsibility and "every penny". Some are brave enough to shun Wall Street's "quarterly expectations" for a long term gain. Some are cowards and lazy and that attitude flows down to the executives. I think AA has the latter.

I didn't know LAA, only LUS which was Parkerland. So I don't remember any glory days but I don't respect Parker and his "never lose money again" arrogance, or Project Oasis. I moved my piddling 25k-30k BIS miles to DL and WN. Nobody misses me but I don't miss AA either.
Piddling? Put enough "piddling" dollars together, and you are talking about real money.

I don't know if Mr. Parker is lazy. He certainly seems to have reach his level of "incompetence" or "ineffectiveness". Or both.