FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Air Canada maxing out ACRouge's crew hours because of the MAX grounding?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:08 pm
Leyland1989

Is Air Canada maxing out ACRouge's crew hours because of the MAX grounding?

Apparently I am being bumped off my flight from Montreal to Cancun AC1882 on 11th October in fare paid Premium Rouge ticket.
They tried to rebook me to the next day, claiming there's no seat on the flight I had booked, 2 months in advance with seats "confirmed"

They are very reluctant on explaining why, and they still wouldn't tell me exactly why they cannot book me on that flight at all.

"Business Class" tickets are rarely oversold, which makes me wonder and suspect if I were kicked off the flight because of dead-heading flight crew.
I looked it up on ExpertFlyer, my seats 4H and 4K are magically "available" on this sold out flight. (it wouldn't even return any results on expertflyer prior to that).

It took me 3 hours on the phone, spoken to two agents (the first one hang up the phone on me) and finally manage to get myself to Cancun on the same day on a different airlines. Still trying to work out compensations... which i am not too optimistic about.