FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA is starting that RealID stuff again...
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:00 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by satman40
I use mine domestically, helps me keep track if it, and if we need to go international for an emergency we are ready to go,

We have seen the need for emergency trips.
Same here, but most people in the US don’t have potential international emergency trip needs that involve cross-border travel. Unless the person has close relatives/friends/themselves abroad or has unexpected international business/professional/employment/personal commitments requiring sudden in-person visit needs, most others wouldn’t be in such a situation. And even for those who are in such a situation to potentially need their passport for emergency international trips, there are times when it’s either not possible or otherwise practical for such persons to have the passport with them. Also, many domestic US air travelers probably still don’t have a passport and would find it to be an extra hassle or cost to get a passport/passport card. And so the suggestion to get a passport is really but another suggestion to pony up the time and money to get a “REAL ID”, as a passport constitutes a REAL ID” .... all while many DLs aren’t considered “REAL ID” by DHS/TSA.