FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3500 euro expiring BA credit have to book something - HELP!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:21 pm
IslandTraveller

Programs: BA
Question 3500 euro expiring BA credit have to book something - HELP!

Unusual / tricky fare question. I have to burn a 3500~ Euro use it or lose it voucher on BA which expires in the next few days and want to get some bang for my buck as its also a once in lifetime kind of opportunity. I am BA silver, some years gold, based in Europe. I have tried ITA Matrix, & various ff blogs for current big deals (even my corporate TA who was only able to find AF/skyteam deals this week). Help me FT You're my only hope :-) .

-I can have more than one trip on the itinerary & am solo for this trip.
-Any unused value is lost, but I have the budget to pay a little over for anything interesting. (I can pad the itin. with dub-lhr returns, if the plan is <3500).
-Origin airport: I am based in DUB, but can ex-eu pretty much anywhere as I've miles with a few ff plans.
-Duration: 5-20+ days any time after feb 8th 2020 (my BA annual renewal date, might as well gun for some TP's but not the main goal) and I have availability also for a second trip on the itinerary late nov/dec 2019 any duration.
-Destination: Almost anywhere I LOVE to travel and fly. I work a lot in continental USA and Europe so can give them a miss as the destination. So like oceana/Asia/se asia/ Canada/Latin america/ etc. other than warzones and the no-alcohol enforced gulf states, as I am fond of a beer :-) .
-Biz is preferred, but prem is fine.

I know I can get a straight traditional return nearly anywhere in biz for that off peak but after much reading and failed attempts I feel like you experts could figure how to get the most bang for my buck considering the restrictions and how open I am to travel once its on a BA or OW codeshare.

Cheers!
(Ps @MoDs - I first went to put it in the ticket clinic but thought the multi-trip trying bang-for-buck might give it broader appeal.. if I was off the mark please feel free to give me the boot).