FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL 2019 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:52 am
Redhead

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tcl
I usually mail my international packages via USPS Priority Mail for better tracking and hoping for better speed and safer handling. The USPS Priority Mail service has gone up significantly in price this year for international destinations so I'm looking for cheaper alternatives to get my packages to my Santees safely and in a timely manner. Does anyone have experience mailing international packages via USPS First Class Mail vs Priority Mail?

I usually like to get my international packages out in mid November to avoid the Black Friday logistical insanity and winter weather issues, again hoping that the package arrives on-time and in decent shape.
I've had good luck with several countries except Costa Rica. I mailed family a package last November using 1st class. I know the address is correct since I've used it multiple times. The package finally came back to me 9 MONTHS later as "undeliverable" Nuts.

But I'm looking for other ideas/experience too. Oftentimes the cost to mail internationally with tracking ends up being close to $100!