FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:21 pm
EntropyTheory

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
(1) What is your home airport? PIT/ORF/RIC, closest int'l hub is IAD
(2) What types of fares do you usually buy ? UA deep discount economy
(3) How many miles do you usually fly each year? ~15-20k
(4) Do you have any kind of status at present? What is it? No - used to be CA Gold but was not able to requalify, and haven't been able to requalify since
(5) What is most important to you in a FFP? Lounge access on UA domestic flights, priority boarding, free checked bag (I'm a simple guy )
(6) Which routes do you fly most often One or two roundtrips to PEK every year, usually 1 roundtrip to Europe, a handful of short hops between PIT and ORF/RIC or vice versa (although this is usually a nonfactor because I usually buy N class fares for these routes)
(7) Preferred Airlines Anything works for me although I usually fly UA
(8) Do you travel for work or pleasure? Both work and pleasure. PEK routes are for family visits, all others are commuting for work, but I have a lot of freedom in choosing flights/airlines

More info: Hey y'all! So as you can tell the majority of my flights are within the US. A free bag is nice for me for these hops because I'm a hockey player and being able to transport all my gear for free is extremely nice, and lounge access on UA domestic flights is extremely useful. I've taken a look at A3 and wouldn't be opposed to doing a few ATH-SOF turn and burns while in Europe, but having to do that every year especially when I don't always go over to Europe turns me off of the idea - however, 200% earning rate on even the cheap as chips SK premium eco is extremely appealing. OZ looks to be the best general option especially as someone who doesn't fly a lot but their earning rates for UA deep discount economy are pretty miserable (although this isn't exclusive to them.) I can easily hit the UA minimum flight requirements but there would be no lounge access which turns me off of them. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by EntropyTheory; Oct 8, 2019 at 3:35 am