FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Caiscas vs Lisbon for a 21-hour layover in Portugal?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:10 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The last time I picked up a rental car at LIS, there were huge (hour plus) lines and Hertz Gold (normally skip the counter but not here) service didn't help much. It looked even worse at the cheaper/local rental car agencies that had lines stretching outside of their areas and down the corridor. The drive to Cascais should be fine and pretty easy, depending on where specifically you need to go in Cascais, but the return to the airport will be during rush hour. Moreover, when I did the drive from Cascais to LIS for my return flight in the afternoon, I found the signposts on the roads to be confusing and not easy as it's not a matter of following one road straight. Despite thinking that I knew what to do, I managed to do something wrong and drove much farther than necessary, causing me to come close to missing my flight.