FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for combined US -> SIN -> NZ round trip from UK
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:14 am
flarmip

Programs: BA GGL
Suggestions for combined US -> SIN -> NZ round trip from UK

Hello all,

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section of the forum - I am a newbie and I think this is the right area based on what I'm looking for.

In brief, I'm trying to book the following journeys and to be quite honest, I haven't a clue where to start in terms of the best fares to buy, as it's not a simple return journey.

On Friday 3rd April 2020 I need to fly out from London, UK to Chicago, IL departing not before 2pm and arriving into Chicago not later than 11am the next day. This is the leg where I have the least flexibility, owing to the times I can get off work and the events I'm attending.

On Wednesday 8th April 2020 I need to fly from San Francisco, CA to New York. No particular preference as to times or redeye/overnight or not.

On Friday 10th April 2020 I need to fly from New York to Singapore. I would like, if it's not excessively expensive, to fly on the direct flight from Newark.

I intend to stay in Singapore for one or two days (to recover from the journey and see some of the city!), and so on Saturday 11th or Sunday 12th April 2020 I need to fly from there to Auckland, NZ.

I then intend to stay in NZ for approximately a week, returning to London, UK such as to arrive there no later than 5/6am on Monday 20th April 2020. I'm happy to go a day or two earlier if it reduces the cost by a fair amount, and since I'll probably be travelling around NZ extensively I don't mind which city in NZ I depart from. If possible I'd like to be on QF9 from Perth, Aus.

Only preference throughout is, where possible, not to change/transit in China "proper" (Hong Kong or Taipei is OK if it's a lot cheaper) or the Middle East.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can make any suggestions as to where I should be starting. Having had a brief gander at the options suggested by Google Flights' multi-city options, I'm seeing an all-in prices of about £1500-2000, but that involves not taking the EWR-SIN or PER-LHR direct flights that I'd like to try. I don't know whether there's some kind of "round the world" ticket I should be looking at but I suspect the 'double back' between San Fran and NY, and Singapore and NZ, may prove an issue for that. ITA Matrix is, at least with my basic understanding of its tools, not showing anything palatable (£8000+ )

Cheers!