FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning Exec Club Silver via the 50 BA flights option. Who does that?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:46 am
Pagan98

Originally Posted by Globaliser
If you're weekly commuting, you may care relatively little about lounge access. Doing that many short-haul flights, you may want to try to spend as little time as possible in the airport whether or not you are entitled to lounge access.

FT discussion sometimes gets very skewed towards a certain view of air transport. For most of the world, status is not a goal or an achievement in itself but a useful by-product of their flying. And lounge access is not an aspiration but simply something that, similarly, is useful if you happen to have some time to spare at the airport.Status isn't a reward for loyalty. It's a set of benefits for those who have demonstrated a small amount of commercial importance to the airline. If you're weekly commuting on 5TP short-haul fares, you're not really of much commercial importance to the airline.

If you were of real commercial importance, you'd be a Prem.
As a weekly commuter between LHR & Copenhagen I couldn’t disagree more. Lounge access, particularly on the return leg, makes the whole experience much more palatable, particularly when there’s a delay.

I have reached Silver from the 50 SH economy flights for the last 2 years. In retrospect I should have put my (apparently commercially unimportant) business to SAS and I’d now be getting a free mixed drink on each flight...