FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:26 am
Astrophsx

It seems everyone's butler service has been different, but the current GM has been here for nine months and maybe they've slightly enhanced the service so it is more uniform between guests? Our butler has brought coffee and treats each morning, tea and snacks each afternoon, refilled our fruit when needed, and offered a free one hour cooking course (I think available on Fridays and not sure if it is offered to all guests or those with status). They even delivered our afternoon tea on the beach one day. Unfortunately the photographer isn't currently on the island for the $15 photoshoot, but our butler offered to take us around the island if we wanted to get photos together in different locations. The place has been sold out some nights and you'd think it's at 25% capacity.

I will say there has been a lot of helpful advice. Bringing the water to lunch. Bringing pool floats, which was great advice as it is fun to float with a drink. There has been a lot of sea life just over the sea wall outside the Astor Villa (saw a reef shark).

The welcome offer had a great Ikhlaastheri 50 minute ($125++) massage, though if you are traveling with a female you may want to have them opt out of the coconut oil head massage. I think it was posted about, but we were offered the Bonvoy F&B credit where you prepay $250 per night in F&B and are given $300 in daily credit to use.

We weren't the biggest fans of Crust. Lucky stated it was the best pizza outside of Italy. I will say that it was good but nothing to write home about. I'd argue that splitting a pizza between two people would make for an okay lunch, but not very filling. If you are looking to save money and want to drink I'd bring some mixers if you are under your luggage allotment. We brought a ~ 2L bottle of Trader Joe's Pink Lemonade and mixed it with the bottle of vodka ($90) in the room. We used the beach near Oriental and they provided us glasses and ice.

Not sure if anyone has recently had to pay the overweight fee with the seaplane, but it seems that they charge slightly more per kilo than listed. I'll double check when we check out, but they mentioned something about it having to do with it counting for the r/t and not one way.