FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passenger With No ID Or Boarding Pass Sneaks Onto DL Flight
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:47 pm
jerseytom

Programs: AA, Amex
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
It Seems like a ticketed passenger on the wrong flight. I have seen it happen before especially if the passenger is elderly.
It just seems hard to imagine even being in this specific position, much less to act the way they did.

Getting through security without any real ID, first of all. Not once, but twice, if she's saying that her ID is back at home in Atlanta (presumably she had to go through security on her outbound from ATL!). And then getting on a plane with the wrong boarding pass - I can't say I know exactly how they work, but you'd think that scanning a BP for the wrong flight at the gate would throw some error so the GA could be like "Sorry, wrong flight."

And then, when confronted with someone who has evidence of being the rightful occupant of that seat, to stubbornly refuse to move. Like I'm sure we've all at some point run into someone in our seat by accident and it's a quick "Row 23 is the next one over" or "The A window seat is on the other side of the plane" or whatever. But to have nothing to show for a boarding pass, and yet refuse to move or consider any sort of mistake or whatever - ...?

Just bizarre all around!