FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blue Inc Being Killed Off
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2019, 6:12 am
escapefromnyc004

I'm not surprised at all. While jetblue.com is often glitchy the blueinc platform felt like a never-ending glitch and always had an outsourced/redheaded stepchild feel to it. I'd love it if they replaced it with a simpler program like what you mentioned. After they finally fixed the issue with the flights never posting (I frequently called to have them manually posted to count toward Mosaic status and earn the bonuses), I spent 2019 dealing with much more obnoxious issues:

For many months I've been unable to book one-way flights originating out of the country because of a weird currency glitch that started in March and was never fixed. The taxes and total flight price would post in the value of the foreign currency with the dollar sign! This means the price wound up being something like $176,718. Naturally, I booked on jetblue.com after seeing that and would have to contact them to get the missing blueinc points. Eventually they told me that the credit card would be charged the correct amount (and it was), but then I was unable to use my travel bank to book anything because it would apply the credit to that absurd amount.

As the months went on the helpful people I spoke to in the earlier months were replaced with people who had foul attitudes and didn't know what they were doing. I was told they couldn't access notes of previous calls, transfer calls, or assist me with booking a flight without charging me (even though glitches made it impossible and previous agents told me to call). They randomly told me that flights booked with travelbank credits don't earn points, which is a flat out lie and I guess a way to avoid helping me. Finally I was emailed in August saying that they don't support this international market even though I've regularly used blueinc for that country since 2016. I guess they knew blueinc was shutting down and stopped fixing issues and providing service this year.

The Past Trips list is impossible to sort properly by date. If you click on Travel Dates it sorts by month then day then year. The sort has never worked since I started using blueinc in 2016. For example, this is the beginning of my list:

1/4/2019
1/5/2017
1/7/2019
1/9/2017
1/12/2018

They also only take calls during standard business hours which was just annoying.