FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - G-MEDK Painful Flight
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:48 am
RyanLHR

Programs: BAEC
G-MEDK Painful Flight

So a couple of weeks ago I was fortunate enough to go on a trip to Lanzarote and enjoy some hot sunshine before this horrible UK autumn set in, unfortunately my plane was a CY180 high density A320 G-MEDK.

ive flown many a BA A320 on shorter flights and with the old style seating and lower density seating and have been quite comfortable

I usually enjoy the back row but didn’t want to risk a windowless aisle so booked 27A and from the moment I sat down I knew this wasn’t going to be a pleasant flight. The seat space was so tight plus the actual 💺 felt like I was sitting on an ironing board. Exit row seats were already booked up and TBH the surcharge is a rip,off.

Cue 4 hours of a numb bum, cramp and numbness in lower legs and a painful lower back. I seriously do not know how they can get away with this and now I hear the extra 2 back rows along with club upfront are causing a “potential” flight safety issue.

It has made me think twice about flying BA for longer flights and especially as my flight back was on a Jet2 737-800 which was far more comfortable and the crew were far more friendly and welcoming. The 737 cabin also felt more spacious than the quite confined A320. BA crew only seem to care IME about Club although BA pilots still have the best PA, although Jet2 was quite close.

It has made me think twice about flying BA, it’s only really the option of Avios bookings and slightly better flight times than the low costs to some destinations that would make me use them again.

I realise I’m in a minority as being 6”2’ so BA and most likely most on here probably couldn’t give 2 hoots but any pretence that they are a “flag carrier” with service and comfort to match are long gone.

sorry for an anti BA rant so early on a Saturday....