FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:06 pm
stuck720
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Have any of the miles and points bloggers engaged in credit card sales tried to get in on that "business" of using AU accounts to game credit scores? I would have assumed it has come up at least at times, even as they make their money from the opening of new credit card accounts and not from add-on activity like post-application calls to add AUs to approved accounts.
There are still somehow services that pay people to add low credit people as AUs to their accounts to repair credit, and that's most likely just to show something to the client who paid them even more money. Highly doubt it works quickly or well, though, given the issues in years past with gaming of this stuff. The only place I've even seen that hawked was on a travel cards Facebook group and cant remember if that was by the owner or by someone in the group posting some sketchy stuff.

I don't even think DoC encourages that kind of thing, because it probably doesn't work. Adding a child, for a long time, as an AU, likely helps build credit still. Adding someone for a short period probably doesn't do anything, especially if the credit activity doesn't match the user's history. But I'm not a credit bureau.