FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:25 am
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ndno2
I visited in February 2018 and we were delighted to see some of the first snow to fall in the city (we were told) in a long time. Beautiful. As for this property, we stayed 2 nights on Hyatt certs and were underwhelmed. It is a very nice property, to be sure. But for the price point and in that neighborhood, there are better options. Our room was well-appointed but not overly impressive and we had an inner courtyard view that was disappointing (I think much of the rooms have inner views). This property just doesn't have any overwhelmingly cool features. No spectacular rooftop view. The lobby bar (i have a penchant for great hotel bars) is windowless and dull. There is a highly rated resaturant inside we did not try. Service was excellent throughout the stay but for that price point and reputation, i expect a really impressive building, view, someething. The location is excellent, i will say.

If you're paying cash I'd recommend going to the Ritz down the street. We went down to visit the famous Hemingway bar and the Ritz blows away the PH in my opinion.
PHV has seen it's day, the long over due refresh was underwhelming public area's basically un touched for years. The Ritz is the Ritz not sure if I would put them into the same category although there is an argument to do so. Personally The Marriott at the Opera is a wonderful place as is the Westin down the street. But then there are so many "Parisian" hotels to stay. There is a reason why they are giving out certificates.