FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Room delayed and downgraded after SNA booking accepted. Recourse?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:07 am
lingua101

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by NJNY
I stayed 2 weeks ago at the Sheraton on the Falls hotel. I had an emailed SNA confirmation, but at check-in was told "as a Platinum member, we upgraded you to a room with a view." I told him it was supposed to be a suite, and he said no. I showed him my confirmation email, he looked at his screen again, and said - "oh yes, it IS a suite." I didn't feel like arguing so I just went to my (regular) room. After my stay, I filled out the survey - don't know that I have ever provided a negative survey before - and the Assistant GM wrote back to say the SNA should not have been removed from my account. I wrote back to say it was. He said he'd try to fix it.

At this point I just don't care about it. I hate having to fight for these things. When Hyatt confirms a suite, I get the suite.

Related, I'll update the review for that Sheraton also. It was not a good stay overall.

So sound to me it is not property specific issue. I thought the property should be compensated by Marriott corporate for any SNA certificate.

I am very sure the amount is mariginal. But I am quite sure the property should only take the SNA if they think they cannot sell the room.

So if they take the SNA why they do not want to give away the room.

That's precisely my point to the property. I told them, you took the SNA and yet you dont want to give me a room. Actually I do not need that big suite room, but it is a matter of principle.