FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Antonio- Natural Bridge Caverns
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:25 pm
SeamusSA

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Good point

Originally Posted by SunkissedMommy
We are going to San Antonio for a long weekend in November. We are staying down on the Riverwalk, right near the Alamo. I am trying to figure out the best way to get to Natural Bridge Caverns and back.

Uber looks to be about $35 each way. But my fear with Uber/Lyft is that we will have no problem getting there, but will struggle with finding someone to pick up a ride back. It seems like there isn't much around there and I don't want to be stranded! Are there local car services that anyone has had a good experience with?

On that note if anyone has suggestions for things to do in San Antonio, we'd greatly appreciate. I already plan to go to the Pearl Brewery Farmers Market on Saturday morning.
Have no personal experience with ubering to this location but agree it might entail a wait to find a return ride. You could try booking an uber in advance for your return trip, but that would lock you in to the booked time. Have you thought about just renting a car for the day? It's not a bad drive, and would let you make some other stops before you return the car. With your car you could, for example, also visit some of the missions. Cost (presuming you don't park it overnight at a hotel with paid parking) would likely be similar to round trip uber.