FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (JL) Business JFK-TPE return for $2300
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:21 am
Assimilated Cajun

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Whodunit68
I honestly don't know JAL J but I'm about to find out unless someone says it's crap. They're SkySuites on the one I found. I've seen some mixed reviews but I'm willing to try for that price.
+1. I was surprised that JAL J TPAC seating is 2-2-2, vs the equivalent AA and CX flights which are 1-2-1. But it's fine on this trip, since my wife and I are traveling together. For trips on which I'm alone, I've been spoiled in recent years by having a window seat that's also an aisle seat on most long-haul flights. I love looking out the window -- especially when passing over coastlines and/or over parts of the world that are far removed from both my departure point and my destination -- but sometimes I get claustrophobic, especially when the person in the aisle seat takes up a lot of physical and/or psychic space. Also, some commenters on SeatGuru say that the JAL J seats are narrower than those of their competitors. Again, probably not a problem on this trip, since my wife and I are reasonably compact and don't mind brushing elbows with each other.

I get the impression that there's a world of difference between JAL seats in J vs F, whereas on many AA planes the two classes are almost the same. But I agree that this fare offers a good opportunity to try JAL J and see whether it's worth keeping on my list for future flights.