FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 300 night club — anyone on the road or living out of hotels full time?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:18 pm
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
300 night club — anyone on the road or living out of hotels full time?

Curious how many others are traveling or living out of hotels full time?

I've gradually and progressively made the switch, culminating in a move to "full time" this year. Simultaneously, my travel has somewhat decreased, while I moved from "on the road full time while 'living' in San Francisco and being never home" to "living in Hong Kong mainly but out of hotels."

I know a few other people in similar situations, and while it sounds rather crazy, I'm sure there's quite a few of us. I started a small Facebook group where we discuss topics that are unique to the full time travelers… such as

- experiences negotiating corporate rate and long term stay rates

- how to do laundry and not pay an arm and a leg 😡

- general status games with airlines and hotels…

- how to have real relationships while being a nomad

- dealing with mail, visas, taxes, citizenship issues

- living in a city primarily out of hotels instead of an apartment

- doing all of the above on your own dime while being reasonable about the costs

Anything else particularly unique to full time travelers? Anyone else do it not just for a job, but as a chosen lifestyle? What are the biggest difficulties?

For me, the trickier bits are (1) laundry, and (2) resisting the urge to accumulate stuff.