FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz PlatePass (Florida SunPass) Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:25 pm
missingcolours

Originally Posted by ChevyCruze
On two recent trips back from Orlando via the 417 toll road, I've been charged by Platepass ($1.00 toll + admin fee) but the second and third tolls are charged to my Sunpass account via the app. I've always added the license plate to my Sunpass account before pulling out of the rental car garage. Any idea why all three tolls are being processed by Sunpass account and skipping Platepass?

I called Sunpass and they blamed the rental company. Knowing how Hertz has changed recently, it kind of feels like they are trying to maximize revenue and hope the average consumer doesn't notice.
Might be a lag in adding the plate, or a bug in the Sunpass system.

You can contact Platepass and they'll remove the admin fee with proof of your own transponder (e.g. a billing statement from Sunpass showing you paid some tolls in the same period yourself).

Originally Posted by Evr13
I have a reservation for 15 days in November in Florida, taking advantage of the thread, could someone explain to me how the Platepass works with Hertz? Is it paid for every day, whether it is used or not, or only the days that it passes through tolls? Thank you
The latter - $5.95 for each day where you incur at least one Platepass toll.
https://platepass.com/locations/faq/renting-with-hertz/