FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi to reinstate cancelled protection benefits?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:02 am
NWplatinum

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Citi to reinstate cancelled protection benefits?

As we are all aware by now if you have a Citi Prestige card the Benefits associated with the card were drastically cut on September 22. I called Citibank and requested that they refund my annual fee, and cancel my account. The first time I did it I was offered that option. I then said I wanted to think about it.

When I called back another agent told me “I’m surprised the last agent you spoke with did not tell you what has happened.” This second agent claimed that the benefits that were taken away are only going to be temporary and will be reinstated by the end of October. He went on to explain that the contract with the insurance company they had expired and they were getting a new company. This is the first I’ve heard of this? Is this totally not true?

So I asked him for any literature confirming what he was saying. He said there was nothing publicly available, but that’s internally what they were saying. Does anybody know anything further?